About The Artwork
A Kunichika print of a Japanese woman dressed in colourful traditional clothing with various shapes and patterns.
Toyohara Kunichika (豊原 国周)
He started showing artistic talent as a child, so from the age of 13, he became an apprentice of the at the time leading Japanese printmaker, Utagawa Kunisada (歌川 国貞).
With age, as he developed his ability to create woodblock prints in traditional Japanese, he also developed a love and appreciation of Kabuki, a Japanese dance drama. So his passion for Kabuki, mixed with his print-making ability, allowed him to create prints of famous Japanese actors at the time.
The career of Kunichika started in the Edo period of Japanese art; however, as the artistic landscape of Japan transitioned into the Meji period, so did Kunichaka. In addition, the Meiji period of modernisation and development allowed Kunichika to incorporate other aspects of his life.
As a young man, he loved going out with his friends for a night of heavy drinking and indulging in the nightlife of Tokyo, which gave him exposure and an introduction to the concept of Bijin-ga (美人画), which was the artistic world of beautiful women.
Today, over 100 years after the death of Kunichika, his work is still celebrated and respected as it belongs to the Brooklyn Museum. We at Stockholm Art House hope we can continue to honour the legacy of his work.
- FSC certified poster made on thick and long-lasting matte (uncoated) paper from sustainably managed forests.
- Paper weight: 200 gsm / 80 lb
- Our wooden frames are produced from natural pine/oak wood. The frames are lightweight and easy to hang.
- Thickness: For Europe 20-25 mm /0.79"–0.98" and for the USA market thickness is 1.9 cm/0.75"
- Shatterproof, transparent plexiglass for the frames.
- Includes hanging kit, to hang in both portrait and landscape orientations.
- For indoor use
-The frame and poster are mounted together.
Stockholm Art House typically ships in 1-5 business days (Mon-Fri). Please know that we are doing our best to get orders out promptly.
Read more about our Shipping Policy
We try to keep returns and exchanges as simple as possible.
Every Stockholm Art House purchase is made to order and pays an artist. We certainly hope you love your item(s), but if you are experiencing any issues, we're here to help!
• If you receive a delivery, where one of our products is damaged in the delivery, wrong measurements from what you ordered, or does not match your expectations regarding quality, please contact us. We will replace shipping damages or bad-quality artwork. However, we may require proof of image or a detailed description/reason for the complaint in some cases. When approved, we will replace and send you a new product.
• We believe in 100 % customer satisfaction, and that is why we offer all customers a 30-day money-back guarantee on our products. If you are not satisfied with your artwork, you may return the item within 30 days of the order date for a full refund. All our art is produced on-demand with your specific choices. Please check your order thoroughly to avoid environmental impact and resource consumption.
Read more about our Refund Policy
All poster print papers are responsibly sourced and FSC certified from sustainably managed forests.
FSC-Certified Paper? When the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certifies that a paper is made of responsibly sourced wood fiber
Local production reduces carbon emissions. As a result of local production in 34 markets and reduced transportation distances, we reduce carbon emissions on each order.
Countries we produce products in:
Brazil, Canada, Chile, Mexico, USA, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, South Africa, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Australia, China, India, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea.
On-demand production reduces waste and the use of resources. All products are digitally printed on demand and avoid excess production in landfills.
Our artworks are not mass-produced, and they are timeless. The artworks can be enjoyed by many generations to come.
With One Tree Planted, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we donate a tree for every order you place at Stockholm Art House.
Read more about our Sustainability work at Stockholm Art House