This print is part of a new series of pieces on canvas. This piece was painted with my own personal mantra in mind: Beauty, Color, Texture, and Decay.
As I was painting this piece, structures began to evolve and appear as colors jumped out at me, while others faded into the background with a nice juxtaposition of smoothness and texture.
The streaking colors blend and overlap, highlighting each other, and the unique surface texture makes the colors pop out at the viewer. It is an energetically exciting piece with structure, depth, and intrigue.
The colors are deep and rich, and there is an architectural quality to the construction of the work, and the colors shine and reflect light from certain angles. It is a warm and genuinely unique geometrical abstract painting like no other that will enhance your space.
Preston M. Smith (PMS)
Artist Preston M. Smith (PMS) found himself cross-eyed with no depth perception as a child. This was the "lens" through which he developed his unique visual perspective of the world, which he now shares as a painter.
Over the years, Preston’s artwork has transitioned from moody pop surrealist paintings into vibrantly colorful, tactile, highly textured, and almost "edible" abstract works. His mantra for his abstract work is "color, texture, beauty, and decay," His work and life have been an expression of moving from darkness into light.
Preston’s work has been showcased alongside David Lynch and at the Inaugural Purple Ball for President Obama’s Inauguration in 2009, where he was commissioned to paint 12 portraits of the President. Recently, Preston is coming off of a successful Solo Exhibition at ShockBoxx Gallery in Hermosa Beach, California, and his first two showings at the LA Art Show in Downtown L.A. His work has also been selected by a panel of curators as a winner in the 1st 2018 ArtSlant Artprize Showcase.
It has been on display at the world-famous La Luz De Jesus Gallery and in numerous exhibitions throughout Los Angeles and across the country. Preston's work has also been the subject of a documentary short entitled "Negativity To Creativity." It is in more than 450 private collections in 23 countries, as well as in the collections of celebrities such as Ed Harris, Ashley Judd, Josh Lucas, Patricia Arquette, and more.
- FSC certified poster made on thick and long-lasting matte (uncoated) paper from sustainably managed forests.
- Paper weight: 200 gsm / 80 lb
- Our wooden frames are produced from natural pine/oak wood. The frames are lightweight and easy to hang.
- Thickness: For Europe 20-25 mm /0.79"–0.98" and for the USA market thickness is 1.9 cm/0.75"
- Shatterproof, transparent plexiglass for the frames.
- Includes hanging kit, to hang in both portrait and landscape orientations.
- For indoor use
-The frame and poster are mounted together.
Stockholm Art House typically ships in 1-5 business days (Mon-Fri). Please know that we are doing our best to get orders out promptly.
Read more about our Shipping Policy
We try to keep returns and exchanges as simple as possible.
Every Stockholm Art House purchase is made to order and pays an artist. We certainly hope you love your item(s), but if you are experiencing any issues, we're here to help!
• If you receive a delivery, where one of our products is damaged in the delivery, wrong measurements from what you ordered, or does not match your expectations regarding quality, please contact us. We will replace shipping damages or bad-quality artwork. However, we may require proof of image or a detailed description/reason for the complaint in some cases. When approved, we will replace and send you a new product.
• We believe in 100 % customer satisfaction, and that is why we offer all customers a 30-day money-back guarantee on our products. If you are not satisfied with your artwork, you may return the item within 30 days of the order date for a full refund. All our art is produced on-demand with your specific choices. Please check your order thoroughly to avoid environmental impact and resource consumption.
Read more about our Refund Policy
All poster print papers are responsibly sourced and FSC certified from sustainably managed forests.
FSC-Certified Paper? When the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certifies that a paper is made of responsibly sourced wood fiber
Local production reduces carbon emissions. As a result of local production in 34 markets and reduced transportation distances, we reduce carbon emissions on each order.
Countries we produce products in:
Brazil, Canada, Chile, Mexico, USA, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, South Africa, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Australia, China, India, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea.
On-demand production reduces waste and the use of resources. All products are digitally printed on demand and avoid excess production in landfills.
Our artworks are not mass-produced, and they are timeless. The artworks can be enjoyed by many generations to come.
With One Tree Planted, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we donate a tree for every order you place at Stockholm Art House.
Read more about our Sustainability work at Stockholm Art House