About The Artwork
Usually, when Klimt depicts characters from Greek Mythology or biblical tales, the artwork tends to focus on their sexuality, and the subject is nude. However, with Athena, his focus is on her power, posture, and incredible stature. He highlights these features in combination with his classical and very typical use of Klimt gold and as a symbol in the form of the swords, giving us a rather unusual depiction of a mythological figure in Klimt standards.
Klimt was born in Vienna in 1862; he and those in his surroundings quickly realised that he had artistic talent, and Klimt enrolled at the Vienna Kunstgewerbeschule to obtain his formal art education.
He gained recognition and respect as an artist and decided to create a studio together with his brother, a successful project that gained a lot of attention and government commissions to paint murals.
However, after his brother's unfortunate death, Klimt decided to change his style completely and reintroduce himself to the world. He made sure that his new radical approach was not something that was exclusive to him, but Klimt had over 40 other artists with himself in his revolutionary new approach to art, which was influenced by impressionism, symbolism, and English artists.
His artistic revolution shook the conservative art world of Vienna to its core; however, in the process, he created some of the greatest paintings of modern art history, such as; The Kiss, Beethoven Frieze, and Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer I. All of which you can find here at Stockholm Art House.
- FSC certified poster made on thick and long-lasting matte (uncoated) paper from sustainably managed forests.
- Paper weight: 200 gsm / 80 lb
- Our wooden frames are produced from natural pine/oak wood. The frames are lightweight and easy to hang.
- Thickness: For Europe 20-25 mm /0.79"–0.98" and for the USA market thickness is 1.9 cm/0.75"
- Shatterproof, transparent plexiglass for the frames.
- Includes hanging kit, to hang in both portrait and landscape orientations.
- For indoor use
-The frame and poster are mounted together.
Stockholm Art House typically ships in 1-5 business days (Mon-Fri). Please know that we are doing our best to get orders out promptly.
Read more about our Shipping Policy
We try to keep returns and exchanges as simple as possible.
Every Stockholm Art House purchase is made to order and pays an artist. We certainly hope you love your item(s), but if you are experiencing any issues, we're here to help!
• If you receive a delivery, where one of our products is damaged in the delivery, wrong measurements from what you ordered, or does not match your expectations regarding quality, please contact us. We will replace shipping damages or bad-quality artwork. However, we may require proof of image or a detailed description/reason for the complaint in some cases. When approved, we will replace and send you a new product.
• We believe in 100 % customer satisfaction, and that is why we offer all customers a 30-day money-back guarantee on our products. If you are not satisfied with your artwork, you may return the item within 30 days of the order date for a full refund. All our art is produced on-demand with your specific choices. Please check your order thoroughly to avoid environmental impact and resource consumption.
Read more about our Refund Policy
All poster print papers are responsibly sourced and FSC certified from sustainably managed forests.
FSC-Certified Paper? When the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certifies that a paper is made of responsibly sourced wood fiber
Local production reduces carbon emissions. As a result of local production in 34 markets and reduced transportation distances, we reduce carbon emissions on each order.
Countries we produce products in:
Brazil, Canada, Chile, Mexico, USA, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, South Africa, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Australia, China, India, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea.
On-demand production reduces waste and the use of resources. All products are digitally printed on demand and avoid excess production in landfills.
Our artworks are not mass-produced, and they are timeless. The artworks can be enjoyed by many generations to come.
With One Tree Planted, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we donate a tree for every order you place at Stockholm Art House.
Read more about our Sustainability work at Stockholm Art House