About The Artwork
As the French state started to acquire land that had been previously privately owned, the public gained access to beautiful scenery outside, much like the lake of the Parisian park, Bois de Boulogne, that is believed to be the scene where Renoir painted this gentleman with a cigarette in his hand talking to a young girl while both are admiring the beautiful landscape that Renoir captured.
Except for having an exceptionally cool French name, Renoir is credited with being one of the most important painters of the impressionist movement and a master in sensuality painting.
Growing up, he lived a short walking distance away from the Louvre, and despite showing a talent for painting from a young age, he preferred singing and thought it brought more joy to him.
However, at 13, he had to stop his music lessons because his family couldn’t afford them anymore, so he took up an apprenticeship at a porcelain factory where he would hand paint the ceramic vases before machines could do his job. When he got tired of painting his vases, he would find himself at the Louvre and dream himself away to the paintings of the greatest artistic masters. Little did he know that his paintings would soon hang on the walls he would admire.
Despite being one of the greatest painters of all time, the world could have been robbed of Renoir’s greatness as his life was almost cut short when he was 30, but his kindness saved him. During the Franco-Prussian war, the French resistant forces thought he was a spy and was about to kill him and throw him in the Seine. Luckily, one of the leaders recognised Renoir as he had earlier helped him, so his kindness saved him, and we are grateful it did because otherwise, the world would not have the privilege of enjoying his art.
- FSC certified poster made on thick and long-lasting matte (uncoated) paper from sustainably managed forests.
- Paper weight: 200 gsm / 80 lb
- Our wooden frames are produced from natural pine/oak wood. The frames are lightweight and easy to hang.
- Thickness: For Europe 20-25 mm /0.79"–0.98" and for the USA market thickness is 1.9 cm/0.75"
- Shatterproof, transparent plexiglass for the frames.
- Includes hanging kit, to hang in both portrait and landscape orientations.
- For indoor use
-The frame and poster are mounted together.
Stockholm Art House typically ships in 1-5 business days (Mon-Fri). Please know that we are doing our best to get orders out promptly.
Read more about our Shipping Policy
We try to keep returns and exchanges as simple as possible.
Every Stockholm Art House purchase is made to order and pays an artist. We certainly hope you love your item(s), but if you are experiencing any issues, we're here to help!
• If you receive a delivery, where one of our products is damaged in the delivery, wrong measurements from what you ordered, or does not match your expectations regarding quality, please contact us. We will replace shipping damages or bad-quality artwork. However, we may require proof of image or a detailed description/reason for the complaint in some cases. When approved, we will replace and send you a new product.
• We believe in 100 % customer satisfaction, and that is why we offer all customers a 30-day money-back guarantee on our products. If you are not satisfied with your artwork, you may return the item within 30 days of the order date for a full refund. All our art is produced on-demand with your specific choices. Please check your order thoroughly to avoid environmental impact and resource consumption.
Read more about our Refund Policy
All poster print papers are responsibly sourced and FSC certified from sustainably managed forests.
FSC-Certified Paper? When the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certifies that a paper is made of responsibly sourced wood fiber
Local production reduces carbon emissions. As a result of local production in 34 markets and reduced transportation distances, we reduce carbon emissions on each order.
Countries we produce products in:
Brazil, Canada, Chile, Mexico, USA, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, South Africa, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Australia, China, India, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea.
On-demand production reduces waste and the use of resources. All products are digitally printed on demand and avoid excess production in landfills.
Our artworks are not mass-produced, and they are timeless. The artworks can be enjoyed by many generations to come.
With One Tree Planted, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we donate a tree for every order you place at Stockholm Art House.
Read more about our Sustainability work at Stockholm Art House