About The Artwork
Despite the artwork's title, the boy in the painting is also the son of Claude Monet and not only the son of his wife, madame Monet.
The painting captures the moment and, in essence, is the whole purpose of impressionism, to show a moment in time without compromising on any of nature's forces at play, whether it be wind, sun, or the intimacy between the subject of a painting and the painter.
Looking at a Monet painting today, we most likely wouldn’t describe it as radical, groundbreaking, and reckless. However, that was how Monet’s work was described when he first introduced the newfound style of impressionism with loose brush strokes and paintings often completed in one sitting while painting outside.
During the 1800s in Paris, you would submit your artworks for consideration by a government-selected jury to determine whether your work was good enough to be exhibited. The painting of Monet called ‘’Impression sunrise’’ was called sloppy and unfinished, but it also gave the new style developed by Monet a name, Impressionism.
Today, Monet’s art is highly celebrated and some of the most expensive paintings of all time, but that wasn’t always the case; in the 1870’s he lived in extreme poverty, and creditors would come to his house and take his paintings as collections because even the greedy bankers realised how incredible the paintings were!
Monet’s wife died in 1883, leading him to search for refuge in Giverny, Normandy. After living in Le Havre, Paris, and London, Monet finally found financial stability and landed in Giverny, where he had his lovely garden and Japanese water lilies, which he continued to paint until his death, and he even continued after losing his eye-sight!
- FSC certified poster made on thick and long-lasting matte (uncoated) paper from sustainably managed forests.
- Paper weight: 200 gsm / 80 lb
- Our wooden frames are produced from natural pine/oak wood. The frames are lightweight and easy to hang.
- Thickness: For Europe 20-25 mm /0.79"–0.98" and for the USA market thickness is 1.9 cm/0.75"
- Shatterproof, transparent plexiglass for the frames.
- Includes hanging kit, to hang in both portrait and landscape orientations.
- For indoor use
-The frame and poster are mounted together.
Stockholm Art House typically ships in 1-5 business days (Mon-Fri). Please know that we are doing our best to get orders out promptly.
Read more about our Shipping Policy
We try to keep returns and exchanges as simple as possible.
Every Stockholm Art House purchase is made to order and pays an artist. We certainly hope you love your item(s), but if you are experiencing any issues, we're here to help!
• If you receive a delivery, where one of our products is damaged in the delivery, wrong measurements from what you ordered, or does not match your expectations regarding quality, please contact us. We will replace shipping damages or bad-quality artwork. However, we may require proof of image or a detailed description/reason for the complaint in some cases. When approved, we will replace and send you a new product.
• We believe in 100 % customer satisfaction, and that is why we offer all customers a 30-day money-back guarantee on our products. If you are not satisfied with your artwork, you may return the item within 30 days of the order date for a full refund. All our art is produced on-demand with your specific choices. Please check your order thoroughly to avoid environmental impact and resource consumption.
Read more about our Refund Policy
All poster print papers are responsibly sourced and FSC certified from sustainably managed forests.
FSC-Certified Paper? When the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certifies that a paper is made of responsibly sourced wood fiber
Local production reduces carbon emissions. As a result of local production in 34 markets and reduced transportation distances, we reduce carbon emissions on each order.
Countries we produce products in:
Brazil, Canada, Chile, Mexico, USA, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, South Africa, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Australia, China, India, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea.
On-demand production reduces waste and the use of resources. All products are digitally printed on demand and avoid excess production in landfills.
Our artworks are not mass-produced, and they are timeless. The artworks can be enjoyed by many generations to come.
With One Tree Planted, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we donate a tree for every order you place at Stockholm Art House.
Read more about our Sustainability work at Stockholm Art House