About The Artwork
The first imprudence is what the title of Barbier's print translates to. Perhaps we didn't need to tell you the translation of the title for you to figure that out. We see a man glaring at the woman with a face filled with lust and intrigue, and we can perhaps predict that some imprudence is about to happen between the pair.
The French illustrator George Barbier was born in 1882 and did not have to wait long to reach success. His brilliant Art Noveau illustrations gained national prominence, and he had his first major exhibition at 29; this was the start of a comet also known as Barbiers Career.
He was commissioned to design theatre and ballet costumes, illustrate books, and produce haute couture fashion illustrations, just to name a few of his accomplishments.
However, Barbier's influence reached beyond the art world; he also put his mark on the world of fine art academia. At Ecole des Beaux-Arts in Paris, he led a group of illustrators for over 20 years, and they were given the nickname "The Knights of the Bracelet" by Vogue Magazine because of their flamboyant style of dressing.
Barbier did not stop producing art and expanded his mediums of work as he started designing jewelry, wallpapers, custom sets, and glasses and writing articles for various magazines.
The life and career of Barbier are one to be respected and admired; his work has shaped the style of art deco and will continue to influence the world of art with its unique aesthetics.
- FSC certified poster made on thick and long-lasting matte (uncoated) paper from sustainably managed forests.
- Paper weight: 200 gsm / 80 lb
- Our wooden frames are produced from natural pine/oak wood. The frames are lightweight and easy to hang.
- Thickness: For Europe 20-25 mm /0.79"–0.98" and for the USA market thickness is 1.9 cm/0.75"
- Shatterproof, transparent plexiglass for the frames.
- Includes hanging kit, to hang in both portrait and landscape orientations.
- For indoor use
-The frame and poster are mounted together.
Stockholm Art House typically ships in 1-5 business days (Mon-Fri). Please know that we are doing our best to get orders out promptly.
Read more about our Shipping Policy
We try to keep returns and exchanges as simple as possible.
Every Stockholm Art House purchase is made to order and pays an artist. We certainly hope you love your item(s), but if you are experiencing any issues, we're here to help!
• If you receive a delivery, where one of our products is damaged in the delivery, wrong measurements from what you ordered, or does not match your expectations regarding quality, please contact us. We will replace shipping damages or bad-quality artwork. However, we may require proof of image or a detailed description/reason for the complaint in some cases. When approved, we will replace and send you a new product.
• We believe in 100 % customer satisfaction, and that is why we offer all customers a 30-day money-back guarantee on our products. If you are not satisfied with your artwork, you may return the item within 30 days of the order date for a full refund. All our art is produced on-demand with your specific choices. Please check your order thoroughly to avoid environmental impact and resource consumption.
Read more about our Refund Policy
All poster print papers are responsibly sourced and FSC certified from sustainably managed forests.
FSC-Certified Paper? When the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certifies that a paper is made of responsibly sourced wood fiber
Local production reduces carbon emissions. As a result of local production in 34 markets and reduced transportation distances, we reduce carbon emissions on each order.
Countries we produce products in:
Brazil, Canada, Chile, Mexico, USA, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, South Africa, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Australia, China, India, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea.
On-demand production reduces waste and the use of resources. All products are digitally printed on demand and avoid excess production in landfills.
Our artworks are not mass-produced, and they are timeless. The artworks can be enjoyed by many generations to come.
With One Tree Planted, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we donate a tree for every order you place at Stockholm Art House.
Read more about our Sustainability work at Stockholm Art House