About The Artwork
With incredible attention to detail, Jakuchū depicted Japan's birds, and although the bird was multi-coloured, Jakuchū never let one single take over. Rather he created unique patterns that allowed for every individual colour to shine, enhanced by the black background that contrasts well with the bird's colours.
Itō Jakuchū (伊藤 若冲)
During his lifetime, between 1716-1800, Japan was very much closed off to the outside world. With limited international influence, Jakuchū had to turn inwards to Japan for inspiration. As a result, his works are today representative of traditional Japanese motives and subjects.
During his lifetime, he developed his belief in the Zen Buddhist faith, which gave him inner strength, discipline and calmness that would allow him always to look inwards and expose his internal weaknesses and desires to overcome them.
Perhaps his Zen mindset allowed him the patience needed as a young man and aspiring artist because his path to becoming an artist wasn't always so clear.
His artistic training at the Kanō school taught him the subjects of nature, flowers and birds as he studied traditional Japanese and Chinese zen paintings during his time there.
He developed his artistic skillset and exposure through his belief as he befriended influential monks in his hometown, which allowed him to access their Temple's extensive collections of paintings that gave him further inspiration and motivation to continue his painting.
- FSC certified poster made on thick and long-lasting matte (uncoated) paper from sustainably managed forests.
- Paper weight: 200 gsm / 80 lb
- Our wooden frames are produced from natural pine/oak wood. The frames are lightweight and easy to hang.
- Thickness: For Europe 20-25 mm /0.79"–0.98" and for the USA market thickness is 1.9 cm/0.75"
- Shatterproof, transparent plexiglass for the frames.
- Includes hanging kit, to hang in both portrait and landscape orientations.
- For indoor use
-The frame and poster are mounted together.
Stockholm Art House typically ships in 1-5 business days (Mon-Fri). Please know that we are doing our best to get orders out promptly.
Read more about our Shipping Policy
We try to keep returns and exchanges as simple as possible.
Every Stockholm Art House purchase is made to order and pays an artist. We certainly hope you love your item(s), but if you are experiencing any issues, we're here to help!
• If you receive a delivery, where one of our products is damaged in the delivery, wrong measurements from what you ordered, or does not match your expectations regarding quality, please contact us. We will replace shipping damages or bad-quality artwork. However, we may require proof of image or a detailed description/reason for the complaint in some cases. When approved, we will replace and send you a new product.
• We believe in 100 % customer satisfaction, and that is why we offer all customers a 30-day money-back guarantee on our products. If you are not satisfied with your artwork, you may return the item within 30 days of the order date for a full refund. All our art is produced on-demand with your specific choices. Please check your order thoroughly to avoid environmental impact and resource consumption.
Read more about our Refund Policy
All poster print papers are responsibly sourced and FSC certified from sustainably managed forests.
FSC-Certified Paper? When the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certifies that a paper is made of responsibly sourced wood fiber
Local production reduces carbon emissions. As a result of local production in 34 markets and reduced transportation distances, we reduce carbon emissions on each order.
Countries we produce products in:
Brazil, Canada, Chile, Mexico, USA, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, South Africa, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Australia, China, India, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea.
On-demand production reduces waste and the use of resources. All products are digitally printed on demand and avoid excess production in landfills.
Our artworks are not mass-produced, and they are timeless. The artworks can be enjoyed by many generations to come.
With One Tree Planted, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we donate a tree for every order you place at Stockholm Art House.
Read more about our Sustainability work at Stockholm Art House