About The Artwork
Macke visited Paris before painting Four Girls, and his trip there allowed him to be inspired by the impressionist movement that was flourishing at the time. So he adopted the use of everyday subjects like four girls standing and having a chat and combined it with the German expressionism that was flourishing at the time. This culminated in a work that offers bright and strong colours and a beautiful natural environment.
Macke was born into possibly the most exciting time for German art during his short life and career. As the German expressionism movement grew, so was Macke, who was at the forefront of the latest developments of artistic creations in Germany.
However, his artistic dreams started before he became a leader in the avant-garde movements of Germany.
His first inspiration and interaction with art were his father's paintings and the Japanese prints that his father's friends collected and showed to Macke during their visit to Basel.
When Macke was 17, his father passed away. Perhaps this was when he decided that his future lay in the hands of the art world as he enrolled in the Düsseldorf art academy following his father's death.
After gaining his formal art education, Macke travelled around Europe and the Middle East to gain inspiration and perfect his craft. When returning to Germany, he became a leading member of the expressionist group Der Blaue Reiter with members like Wassily Kandinsky and Paul Klee.
His artistic development in the group allowed him to explore Fauvism combined with his expressionist art and personal experiences. However, unfortunately, we were robbed of a lot of Macke's works as he passed away in the first world war only at the age of 27.
- FSC certified poster made on thick and long-lasting matte (uncoated) paper from sustainably managed forests.
- Paper weight: 200 gsm / 80 lb
- Our wooden frames are produced from natural pine/oak wood. The frames are lightweight and easy to hang.
- Thickness: For Europe 20-25 mm /0.79"–0.98" and for the USA market thickness is 1.9 cm/0.75"
- Shatterproof, transparent plexiglass for the frames.
- Includes hanging kit, to hang in both portrait and landscape orientations.
- For indoor use
-The frame and poster are mounted together.
Stockholm Art House typically ships in 1-5 business days (Mon-Fri). Please know that we are doing our best to get orders out promptly.
Read more about our Shipping Policy
We try to keep returns and exchanges as simple as possible.
Every Stockholm Art House purchase is made to order and pays an artist. We certainly hope you love your item(s), but if you are experiencing any issues, we're here to help!
• If you receive a delivery, where one of our products is damaged in the delivery, wrong measurements from what you ordered, or does not match your expectations regarding quality, please contact us. We will replace shipping damages or bad-quality artwork. However, we may require proof of image or a detailed description/reason for the complaint in some cases. When approved, we will replace and send you a new product.
• We believe in 100 % customer satisfaction, and that is why we offer all customers a 30-day money-back guarantee on our products. If you are not satisfied with your artwork, you may return the item within 30 days of the order date for a full refund. All our art is produced on-demand with your specific choices. Please check your order thoroughly to avoid environmental impact and resource consumption.
Read more about our Refund Policy
All poster print papers are responsibly sourced and FSC certified from sustainably managed forests.
FSC-Certified Paper? When the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certifies that a paper is made of responsibly sourced wood fiber
Local production reduces carbon emissions. As a result of local production in 34 markets and reduced transportation distances, we reduce carbon emissions on each order.
Countries we produce products in:
Brazil, Canada, Chile, Mexico, USA, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, South Africa, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Australia, China, India, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea.
On-demand production reduces waste and the use of resources. All products are digitally printed on demand and avoid excess production in landfills.
Our artworks are not mass-produced, and they are timeless. The artworks can be enjoyed by many generations to come.
With One Tree Planted, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we donate a tree for every order you place at Stockholm Art House.
Read more about our Sustainability work at Stockholm Art House