About The Artwork
The floral pattern created by Seitei is created by not only the use of flowers and floral attributes but the colour combination of white, red, and blue, creating a lovely pattern to be admired.
Watanabe Seitei (渡辺 省亭)
When Seitei was born in Japan in the 1800s, the possibility of travelling outside of the country was slim to none. However, despite the limitations in front of him, Seitei managed to travel to Paris in 1878 to participate in the international exhibition, where he received a medal award for his artwork.
His artwork displayed something unique that hadn’t been seen before in the Paris exhibitions as he blended western realism with eastern colours and techniques, culminating in unique artworks that were appreciated and celebrated by the French audience.
After the exhibition in Paris, he continued to travel around Europe and the USA to draw inspiration from western artists and artworks and to study their craft to improve his own.
Upon his return from his travels, Seitei didn’t let fame and success get to his head. Instead, he started working harder than ever. Doing works such as ceramic design, prints, paintings, and illustrations he even edited and contributed to a magazine called Bijutsu Sekai, which translates to ‘’The World of Art.’’
The beauty and brilliance of the artworks created by Seitei transcend nationality, borders and time as they are today, hundreds of years after their creation, still admired worldwide.
- FSC certified poster made on thick and long-lasting matte (uncoated) paper from sustainably managed forests.
- Paper weight: 200 gsm / 80 lb
- Our wooden frames are produced from natural pine/oak wood. The frames are lightweight and easy to hang.
- Thickness: For Europe 20-25 mm /0.79"–0.98" and for the USA market thickness is 1.9 cm/0.75"
- Shatterproof, transparent plexiglass for the frames.
- Includes hanging kit, to hang in both portrait and landscape orientations.
- For indoor use
-The frame and poster are mounted together.
Stockholm Art House typically ships in 1-5 business days (Mon-Fri). Please know that we are doing our best to get orders out promptly.
Read more about our Shipping Policy
We try to keep returns and exchanges as simple as possible.
Every Stockholm Art House purchase is made to order and pays an artist. We certainly hope you love your item(s), but if you are experiencing any issues, we're here to help!
• If you receive a delivery, where one of our products is damaged in the delivery, wrong measurements from what you ordered, or does not match your expectations regarding quality, please contact us. We will replace shipping damages or bad-quality artwork. However, we may require proof of image or a detailed description/reason for the complaint in some cases. When approved, we will replace and send you a new product.
• We believe in 100 % customer satisfaction, and that is why we offer all customers a 30-day money-back guarantee on our products. If you are not satisfied with your artwork, you may return the item within 30 days of the order date for a full refund. All our art is produced on-demand with your specific choices. Please check your order thoroughly to avoid environmental impact and resource consumption.
Read more about our Refund Policy
All poster print papers are responsibly sourced and FSC certified from sustainably managed forests.
FSC-Certified Paper? When the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certifies that a paper is made of responsibly sourced wood fiber
Local production reduces carbon emissions. As a result of local production in 34 markets and reduced transportation distances, we reduce carbon emissions on each order.
Countries we produce products in:
Brazil, Canada, Chile, Mexico, USA, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, South Africa, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Australia, China, India, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea.
On-demand production reduces waste and the use of resources. All products are digitally printed on demand and avoid excess production in landfills.
Our artworks are not mass-produced, and they are timeless. The artworks can be enjoyed by many generations to come.
With One Tree Planted, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we donate a tree for every order you place at Stockholm Art House.
Read more about our Sustainability work at Stockholm Art House