About The Artwork
Fish Magic is a 1925 Surrealist painting by Swiss-German artist Paul Klee. Fish Magic can be described as a combination of celestial, aquatic, and terrestrial entities. The delicate black paint is used to cover the painting. Below that, a thick layer of multicolored pigments covers the surface. Klee then scratched the colorful figures and wrote them on the dark background. The painting was given the feeling of a collage by gluing a square of muslin to its center. The dark colors and fragility of the muslin create an atmosphere that is mysterious and inky.
His distinctive style was significantly influenced by movements such as expressionism, cubism, and surrealism. Klee was a skilled draftsman and experimented with color theory. He also wrote extensively about it. His lectures and Writings on Forms and Design Theory (Schriften zur Form und Gestaltungslehre) are considered as vital for modern art as Leonardo da Vinci’s A Treatise on Painting is for the Renaissance. His colleague, the Russian painter Wassily Kandinsky, taught at Germany's Bauhaus school for art, design, and architecture. His work reflects his dry humor, sometimes childlike perspective, personal moods, beliefs, and musicality.
- FSC certified premium quality poster made on thick and long-lasting matte (uncoated) paper.
- Paper weight: 200 gsm / 80 lb
- Our wooden frames are produced from natural pine/oak wood.
- Thickness: For Europe 20-25 mm /0.79"–0.98" and for the USA market thickness is 1.9 cm/0.75"
- Shatterproof, transparent plexiglass for the frames.
- Includes hanging kit, to hang in both portrait and landscape orientations.
- For indoor use
-The frame and poster are delivered together. The poster needs to be mounted by the end-recipient.
We try to keep returns and exchanges as simple as possible.
Every Stockholm Art House purchase is made to order and pays an artist. We certainly hope you love your item(s), but if you are experiencing any issues, we're here to help!
• If you receive a delivery, where one of our products is damaged in the delivery, wrong measurements from what you ordered, or does not match your expectations regarding quality, please contact us. We will replace shipping damages or bad-quality artwork. However, we may require proof of image or a detailed description/reason for the complaint in some cases. When approved, we will replace and send you a new product.
• We believe in 100 % customer satisfaction, and that is why we offer all customers a 30-day money-back guarantee on our products. If you are not satisfied with your artwork, you may return the item within 30 days of the order date for a full refund. All our art is produced on-demand with your specific choices. Please check your order thoroughly to avoid environmental impact and resource consumption.
Read more about our Refund Policy
All poster print papers are responsibly sourced and FSC certified from sustainably managed forests.
FSC-Certified Paper? When the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certifies that a paper is made of responsibly sourced wood fiber
Local production reduces carbon emissions. As a result of local production in 34 markets and reduced transportation distances, we reduce carbon emissions on each order.
Countries we produce products in:
Brazil, Canada, Chile, Mexico, USA, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, South Africa, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Australia, China, India, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea.
On-demand production reduces waste and the use of resources. All products are digitally printed on demand and avoid excess production in landfills.
Our artworks are not mass-produced, and they are timeless. The artworks can be enjoyed by many generations to come.
With One Tree Planted, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we donate a tree for every order you place at Stockholm Art House.
Read more about our Sustainability work at Stockholm Art House