About The Artwork
Samuel Jessurun was a master of creating simple yet elegant lithographs using only black and white colours. He would use the sketching skills he acquired when working as an architect apprentice and combine shapes and patterns to compensate for the lack of colour through its intriguing and mysterious prints that left the viewers wondering about the backstory.
We'll settle for the prints being simply wonderful!
Samuel Jessurun de Mesquita
Born into a Jewish family in Amsterdam, he grew up in a very tight-knit community of Sephardic Jews; however, he was never really religious and had his interest and focus on art from a young age.
At 14 years of age, he applied to his dream school, Rijksakademie van Beeldende Kunsten, the Dutch state academy of fine arts. However, he was unfortunately rejected, disappointed but not hopeless, so he decided to become an apprentice at an architect in Amsterdam. After two years as an apprentice, he developed his technical skills in drawing and was ready to start studying to become an architect, but he opted to become a teacher instead so he could support his family.
After becoming a teacher, he was allowed more free time to focus on developing his art, and he created artworks using various techniques and mediums such as wood engravings; he also produced etchings, lithographs, watercolours and drawings; and in 1939, his works were included in the Rijksmuseum exhibition ‘’Our Art of Today.’’
After Nazi Germany invaded the Netherlands, he had to turn to a life in hiding where he would create sketches in his new secluded life until he was unfortunately gassed at Auschwitz with his wife.
At Stockholm Art House, we are proud to keep the legacy of a great artist like Samuel Jessurun de Mesquita alive and wish to celebrate his life and work through his art.
- FSC certified poster made on thick and long-lasting matte (uncoated) paper from sustainably managed forests.
- Paper weight: 200 gsm / 80 lb
- Our wooden frames are produced from natural pine/oak wood. The frames are lightweight and easy to hang.
- Thickness: For Europe 20-25 mm /0.79"–0.98" and for the USA market thickness is 1.9 cm/0.75"
- Shatterproof, transparent plexiglass for the frames.
- Includes hanging kit, to hang in both portrait and landscape orientations.
- For indoor use
-The frame and poster are mounted together.
Stockholm Art House typically ships in 1-5 business days (Mon-Fri). Please know that we are doing our best to get orders out promptly.
Read more about our Shipping Policy
We try to keep returns and exchanges as simple as possible.
Every Stockholm Art House purchase is made to order and pays an artist. We certainly hope you love your item(s), but if you are experiencing any issues, we're here to help!
• If you receive a delivery, where one of our products is damaged in the delivery, wrong measurements from what you ordered, or does not match your expectations regarding quality, please contact us. We will replace shipping damages or bad-quality artwork. However, we may require proof of image or a detailed description/reason for the complaint in some cases. When approved, we will replace and send you a new product.
• We believe in 100 % customer satisfaction, and that is why we offer all customers a 30-day money-back guarantee on our products. If you are not satisfied with your artwork, you may return the item within 30 days of the order date for a full refund. All our art is produced on-demand with your specific choices. Please check your order thoroughly to avoid environmental impact and resource consumption.
Read more about our Refund Policy
All poster print papers are responsibly sourced and FSC certified from sustainably managed forests.
FSC-Certified Paper? When the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certifies that a paper is made of responsibly sourced wood fiber
Local production reduces carbon emissions. As a result of local production in 34 markets and reduced transportation distances, we reduce carbon emissions on each order.
Countries we produce products in:
Brazil, Canada, Chile, Mexico, USA, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, South Africa, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Australia, China, India, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea.
On-demand production reduces waste and the use of resources. All products are digitally printed on demand and avoid excess production in landfills.
Our artworks are not mass-produced, and they are timeless. The artworks can be enjoyed by many generations to come.
With One Tree Planted, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we donate a tree for every order you place at Stockholm Art House.
Read more about our Sustainability work at Stockholm Art House