About The Artwork
Owen Jones travelled the world and studied at the finest institutions to develop his unparalleled skill in art theory, design, and prints. Each and every one of his experiences is represented in this unique print by Jones that was created over 150 years ago but still stands tall with its beauty and excellence today.
He is perhaps one of the most influential people in modern art you’ve never heard of, as Owen Jones was a pioneer in the development of colour theory. His works have laid the founding of some of the most famous artworks in history.
However, Jones himself got his career start when he visited Grenada in Spain to study the Islamic decorations of Alhambra, one of the most famous pieces of Islamic architecture that combined traditional techniques from the Islamic Arab world and the Spanish renaissance.
His time there was determinantal in his development and knowledge. He was greatly inspired by flat patterns, geometry and polychromy (the practice of decorating architecture structures in various colours), which came to shape his future work.
In England, he was the head of the interior for the interior of The Great Exhibition Building and the Victoria & Albert Museum. Moreover, his influence stretched far beyond the interior design of high society buildings. He designed prints and ornaments, educated students in design theory and published his paper to ensure his legacy lived far beyond himself.
Jones travelled the world, studied interior design to the tiniest details, and learned and drew inspiration from different cultures to create works of art and design. His worldwide experience, knowledge and aesthetic ability have culminated in these stunning prints.
- FSC certified poster made on thick and long-lasting matte (uncoated) paper from sustainably managed forests.
- Paper weight: 200 gsm / 80 lb
- Our wooden frames are produced from natural pine/oak wood. The frames are lightweight and easy to hang.
- Thickness: For Europe 20-25 mm /0.79"–0.98" and for the USA market thickness is 1.9 cm/0.75"
- Shatterproof, transparent plexiglass for the frames.
- Includes hanging kit, to hang in both portrait and landscape orientations.
- For indoor use
-The frame and poster are mounted together.
Stockholm Art House typically ships in 1-5 business days (Mon-Fri). Please know that we are doing our best to get orders out promptly.
Read more about our Shipping Policy
We try to keep returns and exchanges as simple as possible.
Every Stockholm Art House purchase is made to order and pays an artist. We certainly hope you love your item(s), but if you are experiencing any issues, we're here to help!
• If you receive a delivery, where one of our products is damaged in the delivery, wrong measurements from what you ordered, or does not match your expectations regarding quality, please contact us. We will replace shipping damages or bad-quality artwork. However, we may require proof of image or a detailed description/reason for the complaint in some cases. When approved, we will replace and send you a new product.
• We believe in 100 % customer satisfaction, and that is why we offer all customers a 30-day money-back guarantee on our products. If you are not satisfied with your artwork, you may return the item within 30 days of the order date for a full refund. All our art is produced on-demand with your specific choices. Please check your order thoroughly to avoid environmental impact and resource consumption.
Read more about our Refund Policy
All poster print papers are responsibly sourced and FSC certified from sustainably managed forests.
FSC-Certified Paper? When the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certifies that a paper is made of responsibly sourced wood fiber
Local production reduces carbon emissions. As a result of local production in 34 markets and reduced transportation distances, we reduce carbon emissions on each order.
Countries we produce products in:
Brazil, Canada, Chile, Mexico, USA, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, South Africa, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Australia, China, India, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea.
On-demand production reduces waste and the use of resources. All products are digitally printed on demand and avoid excess production in landfills.
Our artworks are not mass-produced, and they are timeless. The artworks can be enjoyed by many generations to come.
With One Tree Planted, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we donate a tree for every order you place at Stockholm Art House.
Read more about our Sustainability work at Stockholm Art House