About The Artwork
One of the purposes of Mondrain's art was to find the perfect balance; he described it as "to express harmony through the equivalence of relationships of lines, colours, and planes." and his works managed to do so with the division of the canvas using squares in primary colours.
Through simplicity, Mondrian created one of the most recognisable art styles in the world.
Maybe you don't know his name, but you know his polarising works; either you love them for their simplicity or hate them. So we're here to tell you the story of the man behind the art.
For Mondrian, he believed art could achieve what really couldn't. So with his art, he wanted to say as much as possible that's why he limited his colour use to the three primary colours and the three primary values of black, white and grey, which we can see represented in his artwork.
After studying art in his native Netherlands and working as a teacher at the Academy of Fine Arts in Amsterdam, he left for Paris, where he changed his name from Mondriaan to Mondrian to represent his new Parisian life.
During his time there, he engaged himself with the avant-garde movement. He interacted with cubist pioneers like Pablo Picasso and Georges Braque, who later heavily influenced his art style.
However, it wasn't until almost eight years after his first visit to Paris that his iconic style started to appear. After that, he kept improving his style with different changes to perfect his life's work that he is today famous for worldwide.
After living and working in the Netherlands and Paris, he left close to the beginning of the second world; he left Paris as fascism was on the rise and spent time in London and New York, where he stayed until he passed.
- FSC certified poster made on thick and long-lasting matte (uncoated) paper from sustainably managed forests.
- Paper weight: 200 gsm / 80 lb
- Our wooden frames are produced from natural pine/oak wood. The frames are lightweight and easy to hang.
- Thickness: For Europe 20-25 mm /0.79"–0.98" and for the USA market thickness is 1.9 cm/0.75"
- Shatterproof, transparent plexiglass for the frames.
- Includes hanging kit, to hang in both portrait and landscape orientations.
- For indoor use
-The frame and poster are mounted together.
Stockholm Art House typically ships in 1-5 business days (Mon-Fri). Please know that we are doing our best to get orders out promptly.
Read more about our Shipping Policy
We try to keep returns and exchanges as simple as possible.
Every Stockholm Art House purchase is made to order and pays an artist. We certainly hope you love your item(s), but if you are experiencing any issues, we're here to help!
• If you receive a delivery, where one of our products is damaged in the delivery, wrong measurements from what you ordered, or does not match your expectations regarding quality, please contact us. We will replace shipping damages or bad-quality artwork. However, we may require proof of image or a detailed description/reason for the complaint in some cases. When approved, we will replace and send you a new product.
• We believe in 100 % customer satisfaction, and that is why we offer all customers a 30-day money-back guarantee on our products. If you are not satisfied with your artwork, you may return the item within 30 days of the order date for a full refund. All our art is produced on-demand with your specific choices. Please check your order thoroughly to avoid environmental impact and resource consumption.
Read more about our Refund Policy
All poster print papers are responsibly sourced and FSC certified from sustainably managed forests.
FSC-Certified Paper? When the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certifies that a paper is made of responsibly sourced wood fiber
Local production reduces carbon emissions. As a result of local production in 34 markets and reduced transportation distances, we reduce carbon emissions on each order.
Countries we produce products in:
Brazil, Canada, Chile, Mexico, USA, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, South Africa, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Australia, China, India, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea.
On-demand production reduces waste and the use of resources. All products are digitally printed on demand and avoid excess production in landfills.
Our artworks are not mass-produced, and they are timeless. The artworks can be enjoyed by many generations to come.
With One Tree Planted, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we donate a tree for every order you place at Stockholm Art House.
Read more about our Sustainability work at Stockholm Art House