About The Artwork
Saÿen often depicted children in his art; however, he only had one child. It is unknown if he depicted his own child in his art but what he did depict was children surrounded by abstract shapes and patterns in combination with an unusual colour combination. His use of colour is something he picked up during his time in Paris, and it stayed with him and his art throughout his career.
Henry Lyman Saÿen
Saÿen had talents that expanded across both science and art; during his career, he was responsible for the colourful abstract works that you see here and several patents to his name as well. In addition, Saÿen was accredited for and received patents for developing a new type of X-ray tube and a steel billiard ball.
However, in 1906, his artistic career led him to Paris as he was tasked with producing several illustrations for a New York department store. When in Paris, he enrolled in Henri Matisse’s classes, the leader of the fauvistic movement, which used strong and bright colours that were not natural for the environment they depicted. The influence of Matisse and his works is clearly visible in Saÿen’s works as we can witness the vivid use of strong colours which naturally do not belong in the natural environments.
However, success was nothing that came naturally for Saÿen; when he returned to Philadelphia with his unconventional newly found painting style, his works were heavily criticised and ridiculed. The trailblazing Saÿen refused to give up and continued to paint in his freshly found style with ravishing colours and abstract patterns and was encouraged by his friend Carl Newman who hosted him on the weekends, which allowed him to paint the landscape of Huntingdon Valley.
- FSC certified poster made on thick and long-lasting matte (uncoated) paper from sustainably managed forests.
- Paper weight: 200 gsm / 80 lb
- Our wooden frames are produced from natural pine/oak wood. The frames are lightweight and easy to hang.
- Thickness: For Europe 20-25 mm /0.79"–0.98" and for the USA market thickness is 1.9 cm/0.75"
- Shatterproof, transparent plexiglass for the frames.
- Includes hanging kit, to hang in both portrait and landscape orientations.
- For indoor use
-The frame and poster are mounted together.
Stockholm Art House typically ships in 1-5 business days (Mon-Fri). Please know that we are doing our best to get orders out promptly.
Read more about our Shipping Policy
We try to keep returns and exchanges as simple as possible.
Every Stockholm Art House purchase is made to order and pays an artist. We certainly hope you love your item(s), but if you are experiencing any issues, we're here to help!
• If you receive a delivery, where one of our products is damaged in the delivery, wrong measurements from what you ordered, or does not match your expectations regarding quality, please contact us. We will replace shipping damages or bad-quality artwork. However, we may require proof of image or a detailed description/reason for the complaint in some cases. When approved, we will replace and send you a new product.
• We believe in 100 % customer satisfaction, and that is why we offer all customers a 30-day money-back guarantee on our products. If you are not satisfied with your artwork, you may return the item within 30 days of the order date for a full refund. All our art is produced on-demand with your specific choices. Please check your order thoroughly to avoid environmental impact and resource consumption.
Read more about our Refund Policy
All poster print papers are responsibly sourced and FSC certified from sustainably managed forests.
FSC-Certified Paper? When the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certifies that a paper is made of responsibly sourced wood fiber
Local production reduces carbon emissions. As a result of local production in 34 markets and reduced transportation distances, we reduce carbon emissions on each order.
Countries we produce products in:
Brazil, Canada, Chile, Mexico, USA, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, South Africa, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Australia, China, India, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea.
On-demand production reduces waste and the use of resources. All products are digitally printed on demand and avoid excess production in landfills.
Our artworks are not mass-produced, and they are timeless. The artworks can be enjoyed by many generations to come.
With One Tree Planted, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we donate a tree for every order you place at Stockholm Art House.
Read more about our Sustainability work at Stockholm Art House